Friday, May 23, 2014

Busy day ahead

I will be busy today,my poor garden has been neglected.With all this heat ,I think I will give it a good watering,then pick some more sweet peas and green beans.On one of my walks behind our house I discovered what I thought were wild blueberries,but I was told that those are huckle berries,They are so sweet,but very small.I think I will try to pick them,seems like a good thing to make jam with.The last huge hedge of blackberries has finally ripened,so those will have to be picked.I will make a small cobbler and freeze the rest.Got a pretty good deal on strawberries yesterday,they have to be cleaned and frozen.I freeze a lot of fruit,when in season,so I have it all through the winter.While I have the oven going I might as well make some herb bread for dear hubby.Also need to make new laundry soap,Like I said it will be a busy day.
But first 5 more minutes of listening to the birds concert and 1 more cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment