Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thank you to the small Farms

Yesterday we went on our by monthly shopping trip to the city.On the way there we dropped the girls off for their monthly bath and grooming.So we drove the less traveled back roads,and it was so pretty.
There were beautiful green fields of corn,next to just tilled field with rich dark soil.The trees were all so green,from all that rain,nothing brown or dried up .I need to start taking my camera on these rare trips.We drove by a pasture with horses and they had some Foal out there.They are just to funny on their long stick legs.I watched them trying to keep up with mom,and it is amazing how animals are so much like humans.Mom was slowly walking looking back waiting for her baby to catch up.Then there was a smaller field full of goats ,now those are funny creatures.As we drove along I seen a farmer out there with some huge equipment,one with a small tractor,and one pushing a wheel barrow with something I am sure was going to the compost pile.When I was growing up in the city I always wanted to live on a farm.Now that I am older I realize ,that it is hard work,i would never have made it .So let me just say thank you to all the small farmers out here.It's hard work,but I think it has to be rewarding also.

No comments:

Post a Comment